- SPAM 700/33 issues warnings for invalid Maintenance Certificates; and
- SAPM 700/34 issues hard errors for invalid Maintenance Certificates.
An invalid maintenance certificate now prevents you from applying support packs. The application of Maintenance Certificates can be done manually by logging onto the Service Marketplace or automatically using Solution Manager SP16 or higher and SDCCN.
The old way.
- Log into Service marketplace with an Administraion “S” userid and navigate to the license key service corner.
- Search for and select the correct Installation group.
- Select the SID from the system overview and select new Maintnenace Certificate.
- Key in your details and wait for an e-mail from SAP containing your 128 Bit digital license key.
- Log onto the target system and manually import the license using transaction SAPLICENSE.
- Check the process has worked.
- Repeat for every system in your landscape.
The new way.
The ALM difficulty rating.
Expertise required. Low.
Time taken to deploy. Low.
Payback time. Fast
Overall rating. Just do it.