Since Dec 14th next REACH Release 2.0 is restricted available to customers (Ramp Up phase). Because the new version adresses specifically discrete industries and other legislations than REACH as well the name changed to SAP Product and REACH Compliance (formerly SAP REACH Compliance).
SAP® Product REACH Compliance enables customers to meet legal requirements on Products such as Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and REACH (Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals). Compared to first release of SAP Product and REACH Compliance the following enhancements will be delivered:
- Process Support for REACH registrations to manage high numbers and different types of registrations
- Improved Endpoint Management esp. Integration with IUCLID5 (linkage & synchronization of endpoint date beteeen both systems
- Support of REACH requirements regarding REACH (article assessments, campaign management for articles)
- Support of other legislations than REACH like RoHS
Based on the SAP Environment, Health & Safety (SAP EH&S) solution existing data are used and completed by Product Compliance relevant data. Completing the SAP Environment, Health & Safety solution by integrating all necessary Product Compliance processes SAP Product and REACH Compliance 2.0 provides the following advantages:
- Transparency of Product Compliance effects and assistance in consistent not-redundant data maintenance
- Reduced risk of compliance infringements
- Increased efficiency and reduced costs
Details of new release can be found on REACH roundtable accessible via https://cw.sdn.sap.com/community/bpx_roundtables/reach. Customers and partners being interested in Ramp Up participation for early product shipment during Ramp Up can refer to this page for more information https://service.sap.com/rampup checking colomn SAP application components. Please feel free to contact your SAP account alternatively in case of interest .