Charting off of Any Number in Crystal Reports
You may have a Crystal Report that has a WhilePrintingRecords formula. It is not possible in Crystal Reports 2008 and below to create a chart directly off of that formula due to evaluation times. Don’t despair though, as here’s a way to chart off of these values.
This blog post and sample report will show you how to chart off of the values you have in any WhilePrintingRecords formula.
- In this sample, shared variables created on a details level subreport are to be graphed on.
- Group values (in this case Customer names) are rolled up into a string running total that is character separated.
- Values that are to be graphed on are rolled up into another string running total which is also character separated.
- A subreport is created and then linked on the two above-mentioned formulae.
- The subreport parses out the values in the Value RT running total to create the graph.
- The Group RT formula can be used in the subreport’s record selection formula to limit the number of records that will be shown in the graph and hence the number of records returned in the subreport.
Below is a screenshot from the sample report.