During integration projects, one might face requirement to trigger delta information like creation/change of master data out of SAP ERP.
There might be additional requirements to trigger this at scheduled interval or as a nightly job.
To fulfill the above requirement, “Change pointers” can be activated for the required IDOC’s. A background job can trigger the generated IDOC’s to PI.
Following are the applicable situations:
1. Trigger delta data
2. Batch processing
3. Timed/Nightly processing
The solution is to activate change pointers from Customizing and use report program RBDMIDOC. Separate jobs can be scheduled for separate IDOC’s.
Steps to be followed
1. Goto the following path in TCODE: SPRO.
SPRO > SAP NetWeaver > Application Server > Idoc interface/ALE > Modeling and Implementing Business Process > Master data distribution > Replication of modified data > activate change pointers for message types.
2. Select the IDOCs where change pointers are to be activated and save your settings.
3. Run transaction BD22 to delete existing Change pointers. This is required to clear the existing change pointers. If this is not done, enormous amount of IDOC might be generated during the first run.
4. Run Schedule report RBDMIDOC ( TCode: BD21)
- You can check for processed IDOC’s using WE05.
- Setup IDOC Distribution Model after Data load, to avoid change pointers to be generated.
- Setup IDOC Distribution Model before Data load in order for change pointer to be generated for initial data load. I suggest setting up Partner profile to collect mode to avoid sudden outburst of massive data via IDOCs.