What is Planned in EHP5 for Human Capital Management
Word is slowly starting to come out on what will be delivered in EHP5 for Human Capital Management and although it is subject to change I thought I would share it with the SDN community.
EHP5 is scheduled to be available for ramp up customers in June, 2010 and as someone who has been involved in ramp up projects for EHP1, EHP3 and EHP4 there are a lot of benefits for taking part in the program with the most obvious being the ability to use the latest and greatest that SAP has to offer. To find out more information regarding the ramp up program.
Enclosed is a high level description of some of the key items tentatively planned for EHP5:
Workforce Process Management
- Localized payroll standard solution for Chile
- Enhancements for displaying the organizational chart
- Mobile in-box to collect time entries and leave request
- Extended integration between the SAP E-Recruiting application and the core HR system in the hiring process
- Administrative services: user interface (UI) harmonization, new capabilities, and analytics
- Enhanced HCM enterprise services integration with master data and time management
- Adding data fields and processes to more effectively store and manage contingent and contractor staff data on the HR database
- Improved system performance, new capabilities, and user interface
- New Talent Management analytics and tools for migrating data from earlier succession planning
- Improved user interface and enhanced functionality in the field of application tracking, Tasks and Resources Management, as well as a recruiter’s work center
- Japan: Year-end adjustment enhancements statutory reports for the retirement process
- Russia: Enhancement to process multiple-contract employment
- Spain: Pension plan calculation integration with SAP Payroll and SAP Contract Management
- Italy: Enhancement for Italian Workers’ Compensation Fund (breakdown from Italian is INAIL) and the F24 form in the public sector
- Portugal: Improvements for performance appraisals in the public sector
- India and Japan: Enhancement of services in the field of SAP applications for employee self-services
As more information becomes available and I have had an opportunity to work with EHP5 I will write some additional blogs showing the new functionality in more detail.