During my opening session at SAP Influencer Summit #sapsummit, I interacted with a computer called TERI (Trusty Explorer and Retriever of Information). TERI’s job was to retrieve relevant bits of information about market trends so I could assess how they might impact SAP. The five trends were as follows:
- Economic Volatility
- Emerging technologies
- Networked Business Practices
- Rising customer influence
- Sustainability and Regulations
The later keynotes described how SAP’s product, technology, and go-to-market strategy have been influenced by these trends.
Some people have commented to me that it was difficult to capture all of the factoids that TERI and I used so I’ve repeated most of them here:
- 40 Exabytes (4.0 x 1019 ) of unique NEW information will be generated worldwide this year
- One weeks’ worth of New York Times contains more information than a person came across in their entire lifetime in the 18th century
- 60% of the world’s population uses mobile technology in some way
- 12% of software market will go to the cloud by 2011
- 31% of future innovation will come from customers
- Companies committed to sustainability outperformed their peers by 15% during the financial crisis
- 50% of the S&P 500 now report on their sustainability performance
And for those of you wondering, I have no idea how that song got on my iPod.