When we implement SAP MSS, we may feel that like ESS we can easily add new fields in existing UIs using personalization framework, i.e. adding new field in BSP structure mapped to corrosponding infotype!!
But for MSS, structures which populates infotype information for Managers in MSS UIs are not same as ESS and therefore the personalization framework is not useful. The only option is to enhance existing applications provided by SAP. This is cumbersome and requires more efforts i.e. version control thorugh NWDI, understanding FPM, upgrade related issues etc..
To avoid above issues, we can use SAP delivered Generic iviews.. SAP provides us an easy way to populate whichever info we want for Employee in MSS using Generic iview and Infoset query.
Detail steps are given below.
1. identify which additional fields you want to populate in MSS – General information
2. Create a infoset query for that infotype and test.
3. In Portal add FPM View – Generic List view inside FPM Application – General information, provide infoset query name and usergroup for query in FPMview parameters
4. Create an webdynpro iview for Generic List view under Webdynpro application for General information.
5. Assign iview to page – General information.
6. So new iview with additional information will be available in General information. On selection of employees in Team viewer, you can see the additional information populated using Infoset query.
Technical Details to implement Generic iview is available in below link