To provide you with comprehensive information about the SAP NetWeaver MDM based Global Data Synchronization and Procurement Catalog Management business scenarios from a single source of access, we have created specific topic pages within the MDM space. From the Enterprise Master Data Management you can now easily navigate to the:
- SAP MDM Global Data Synchronization (short URL: SAP MDM Global Data Synchronization)
- SAP MDM Procurement Catalog Management (short URL: SAP MDM Procurement Catalog Management)
and find all necessary information at one source.
But first, let’s quickly wrap up what Global Data Synchronization (GDS) and Procurement Catalog Management (SRM-MDM Catalog) with SAP NetWeaver MDM are all about.
Global Data Synchronization
It enables organizations in the consumer products sector to transport, enhance, and communicate product information from either an SAP source (such as the SAP® ERP application) or a non-SAP source to the 1SYNC data pool and GS1 global registry® according to Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN)® standards. This way, companies can streamline communication with their trading partners by exchanging standardised and synchronised data.
SAP GDS helps companies to avoid unnecessary costs in the supply chain by:
- Decreasing retail out-of-stock situations
- Reducing price-settlement claims
- Achieving efficient promotion planning
- Allowing efficient replenishment processes between supplier and customer
In particular, SAP GDS features:
- A user-friendly graphical console that allows users to create and manage trade-item data that conform to the GS1 standard for communication of supply chain data
- A sophisticated publication mechanism ensuring that manufacturers and trading partners exchange the information needed and that systems are synchronized
- Built-in conduits to 1SYNC as a highly effective means for a company to exchange product information
- Role and task based concept to tailor the user access to specific attribute values such as target market or brand, distribute action via workflow, and automate the publication process
- Reporting capabilities to analyze improvements in collaborative processes in comparison with key figures from GDS activities.
For a complete overview of SAP NetWeaver MDM, Global Data Synchronization (as of GDS release 2.0), watch the SAP for Global Data Synchronization presentation, or listen to what Colgate-Palmolive says about SAP NetWeaver MDM based Global Data Synchronization.
Procurement Catalog Management (SRM-MDM Catalog)
Procurement Catalog Management based on SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management allows employees to create, cleanse and manage their own centralized supplier catalog facilitating a smooth flow in the procurement process. The overall process flow is shown in the following illustration:
To summarize, procurement catalog management with the SAP NetWeaver MDM based SRM-MDM Catalog:
- Bundles the functions needed for effective and efficient catalog content management in one application
- Provides pre-configured content adapted to support procurement processes
- Is available in two flavors as product and service catalog
For a complete overview, see the Enterprise Master Data Management overview presentation.
If you are interested in ongoing information about Global Data Synchronization, and/or Procurement Catalog Management (SRM-MDM Catalog), include the new pages to your favourites.