Results of SAP Survey on Order Management
I am excited to share with you the key findings from a recent SAP survey on Order Management applications. This survey was initiated in Q3 of 2009 to understand the challenges companies face in using their order management solutions to create, sell, and fulfill ”bundles.” A bundle is a group of products, services, financing, warranties, or other items sold together in a single order, often for a promotional price.
Statistics on Survey Response
- A total of 33 companies filled out the survey.
- Good representation across industries and company sizes.
- 81% of survey participants either lead the group or are part of the group responsible for decisions on order management applications.
- Improving customer service and order experience is the most sought after benefit from both current and future order management applications.
- More companies want to use order management applications to increase revenues (e.g. guided selling, cross-sells). 84% of companies surveyed expect this benefit from future order management applications. Only 19% of companies surveyed expect this benefit from current order management applications.
- 86% of companies surveyed sell or plan to sell partner products. 75% of companies surveyed sell or plan to sell partner services.
- 79% of companies surveyed have 2+ order capture systems. 55% have 2+ order fulfillment systems.
- 45% of companies surveyed thought their Order Management application lacked critical capabilities.