At SAPTechEd 2009 I (@dparnas) sat down with SAP Chief Community Evangelist Mark Finnern to discuss how Lean, Agile and Scrum adoption will shape the company of the future. This is a part of a broader debate the @sapmentors have done internally.
Key talking points:
- Brief introduction to Lean, Agile and Scrum
I really don’t do them justice in the short time frame, so if interested check out more thorough sources on Lean,Agile and Scrum
- Bringing Waste to the surface
- The waste of projects
- Focus on business value by looking at business processes and the tools that support them as a whole
- Empower the Scrum team as a whole
- Individuals using the power of their network outside the enterprise
- Avoiding “projects” with only technical success: Great landing, wrong airport
PS If the video for some reason isn’t embedded into this blog, go to http://sapteched.com/live, select “Wednesday, October14” and select Dagfinn Parnas on the Company of the future.
PSS Sorry about the intro music, I can assure you it was not my choice 🙂