Did you miss this event?
Don’t worry we provided a short summary and a link to the event recording here: Social Media Webcast: Event Recording and Summary
In the recent McKinsey study “How companies are benefiting from Web 2.0”, 69% of respondents report that their companies have gained measurable business benefits from their investments in the Web, including more innovative products and services, more effective marketing, better access to knowledge, lower cost of doing business, and higher revenues.
Our most recent study on the “CMO Agenda 2011“, as well as, discussions in the CMO Community meetings across the globe over the last 2 years clearly point out that all CMOs put Web 2.0 and Social Media on their agenda for 2011, but… the majority have only started pilot initiatives and projects so far, and describe those as “tentative first steps” which have to be optimized in the long run. In particular, the willingness to tackle the “controlled loss of control” with customers and with their own brands is not yet visible on a broad front. In a nutshell, the use of Web 2.0 and Social Media in Marketing – while being regarded as being extremely important – is still in it’s infancy.
In the first Webcast of the SAP CRM Thought Leadership Series entitled: “How to best leverage Social Media and Web 2.0 in Marketing”, we will try to shed more light on the potentials of Social Media and Web 2.0 in Marketing by talking about:
- Trends in Marketing around Social Media and Web 2.0
- Results of a recent McKinsey Study on the benefits of using Web 2.0 and the key success factors of using Social Media in Marketing;
- Lessons learned from YouTube in using Social Media plus strategies for the future, and
- How to leverage Social Media in campaign management, e.g. directly posting advertisements into Twitter in order to efficiently address and retain customers.
When: Tuesday, November 10, 2009; 11am-12pm Eastern Time (8am-9am Pacific Time, 5pm-6pm Central European Time)
Who should attend:
– Marketing Executives (CMO, Mktg Directors), Marketing Managers,
– IT Executives (CIO, IT Directors), Business Operations Managers, etc., and
– Anyone interested in Social Media and how to achieve measurable benefits in marketing.
– Dr. Ralf Strauss, Product Management CRM Marketing, SAP;
– Dr. Jesko Perrey and Michael Chui, Sales & Marketing Practice, McKinsey & Co.;
– Thomas de Buhr, Head of Media Solutions, Google;
– Marcus Ruebsam, Product Management CRM Marketing, SAP
REGISTER TODAY to participate in this webcast to see how to leverage Social Media and Web 2.0 in your marketing activities and achieve measurable benefits.
Also, feel free to share this event with your colleagues who might be interested in Social Media and Web 2.0.
Follow us on Twitter and/or share questions and comments: @sapcrm #SMwebinar
Here are links to the studies that the McKinsey presenter will be reviewing during the webcast: