SAP EcoHub is about to celebrate its first birthday, and with SAP TechEd 09 coming up next week, we thought we’d take a look back at where we’ve been and where we’re going. The question “What is SAP EcoHub,” has a lot of answers. The shortest, and most relatable, is that we’re a community-powered online marketplace that helps customers to discover, evaluate, and buy SAP and partner solutions. “Amazon for business software” is what SAP EcoHub has been called.
But when you look at the details, the answer becomes much bigger, and much more exciting. What we’re seeing is that SAP EcoHub has become an integral part of the SAP ecosystem, gaining tremendous notice and traction among customers and partners alike. What kind of traction?
- We’ve seen growth and unique visits on SAP EcoHub quintuple since the beginning of the year.
- Inquiries are coming in from over 3,000 companies from more than 100 countries worldwide.
- 76% of these inquiries are from influencers and decision makers at their respective companies.
- Over 400 SAP and SAP Ecosystem solutions now reside on EcoHub, spanning 24 industries and 12 lines of business.
But what makes these numbers so impressive is the interaction between SAP EcoHub members – partner and customer alike – that are driving them. Members can now engage on-site, in our blogs, forums, telechats, offer reviews and ratings, as well as stay connected off-site via the SAP EcoHub handles on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Customers can discover innovative enterprise software offerings on SAP EcoHub that meet their business and technical needs. They can can fully evaluate solutions at their own pace and to the depth of their choosing. There are over 150 customer success stories, 200 reviews and ratings, and 190 online demos that let customers see the best that the SAP Ecosystem have to offer. Such robust engagement and evaluation makes the evaluation part of the process that much easier.
…AND PLENTY MORE TO COME
So now for the logical question: what’s next? We’re happy to say a whole lot. After a whole year of success, SAP EcoHub has built a solid foundation on which to build and deliver more of what’s important to you.
We’ll be adding more solutions at an even greater rate than before to meet every need our customers have, and then some. Along with our expanded inventory, we’ll also be offering new ways of navigating content. The solution map will be unveiled soon, with recommendation features based on a search topic designated by you. We’re making search not just easier, but smarter. And this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
SAP ECOHUB AT SAP TECHED 09
And now after a whole year of success and engagement, we’re taking this show on the road. At SAP TechEd 09, we’ll be taking the EcoHub experience from virtual to reality. The whole team will be on site and on hand to talk to all our customers, partners, and members attending the Phoenix conference. So where can you find us? Here are a few highlights –
- EcoHub Experience Stations, fully equipped with computer terminals and the chance to win prizes, will be scattered across the exhibition floor. We’ll also be present in the Community Clubhouse.
- A roundtable discussion led by Salim Ali and Dan Maloney about the current state of EcoHub. Attendees will be able to provide candid input and feedback on the current EcoHub experience.
- Not one, not two, but three Expert Networking Sessions on the vital uses of EcoHub led by Daryl Gray and Usman Sheikh.
- A half-hour session for customers and SAP Mentors to mingle and download offline
And that’s just what’s on the official docket. We’ll also be participating in the Community Clubhouse Passport drawing, holding SAP EcoHub trivia contests, popping up in keynotes and breakouts alike, and be walking the floor.
So come by, say hello, and see how the SAP EcoHub experience extends further than you realized.
Salim Ali, Vice President, Enterprise Solution & Community Marketing
Dan Maloney, Vice President, Ecosystem and Partner Group