As TechEd 09 Phoenix is just around the corner, I wanted to talk a bit about one of those areas: Information Search.
What about Information Search?
I’m sure that many of us would say that traditionally in the context of SAP, Information Search is often synonymous with TREX.
While this has been essentially true for standalone search technology within SAP solutions (i.e. R/3, Portal / KM, etc.), SAP also offers NetWeaver Enterprise Search as as solution that aims to support enterprise search across multiple repositories (SAP and non-SAP).
So effectively, we are now able to federate search query results from enterprise systems while ensuring security, performance, real time access, and a consistent user interface.
So what does that mean for TechEd Phoenix?
Well, to be direct and to the point, my colleague Robert Moloney and I will be co-presenting session UP112 SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search: A Federated Business Information Approach about how to enable collaborative information discovery using a federated business search solution.
We will review the following subjects:
- How can SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search solution help your organization become more productive?
- What are SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search capabilities and architecture?
- How do you federate search for information across multiple repositories (SAP, non-SAP) in order to support multiple business functions?
If you are interested in this topic, please join us for:
- Session UP112 SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search: A Federated Business Information Approach on Wed October 14th 8 AM in room 102B West
- Expert networking session EXP462 Federate your Business Information Search with SAP NetWeaver on Wednesday October 14th 1 PM in the Community Clubhouse Lounge 1
Looking forward to meeting you there!