Adding custom images in a mobile handheld application is often asked by customers. This can help them use there own icons/images to the application and use them based on the business scenario.
Here it is mentioned in simple steps:-
1. In the Mobile Application for Handhelds perspective, navigate to the Handhelds UI Explorer tab page.
2. Expand the UI Component node.
3. Choose Resources->src->mimes->Applications.
4. From the context menu, choose Import resources from file system.
5. In the Import dialog, search for the image to be imported.
6. In the Handhelds UI Explorer tab page, expand the Web Dynpro node.
7. Expand the Applications node and choose the application.
8. Navigate to the Application Properties tab.
9. Choose New to add a new application property.
10. Select User defined Type.
11. Enter icon as the Name of the property.
12. Enter the name of the image as Value of the property.
13. Choose Finish.
14. Deploy and launch the application.