You’ve booked your trip to TechEd and are now contemplating how to maximize your time at the event:
- Which sessions should you attend?
- How do you engage with the thought leaders in the SAP ecosystem?
- How do you best network and expand your professional network?
If these questions are on your mind, I highly recommend that you review the list of Experts Networking Lounge Sessions and add some to your agenda builder.
- Phoenix – http://www.sapteched.com/usa/activities/networkingsessions.htm
- Vienna – http://www.sapteched.com/emea/activities/networkingsessions.htm
Located in the Clubhouse (open to all attendees) at TechEd Phoenix and Vienna, the Experts Networking Lounge offers 30-minute sessions run by members of the SAP Community Network (SCN), including mentors and top contributors, bloggers, as well as by SAP TechEd speakers, folks from ASUG, Demo Jammers, and other SAP ecosystem gurus.
These sessions are held in an intimate setting, accommodating a small group of 15 people each (probably up to 20 if people are willing to squeeze together a little bit) for face-to-face experience sharing and collaboration. There will be plasma screens where the hosts can share information from stationary laptops (if you have slides, bring them on a memory stick) as well as flip charts. (Also, there will be hot beverages available in the Clubhouse coffee bar to make this experience even more enjoyable).
Here some examples of sessions that have recently been featured in blogs on SCN:
- SCN mentor Jon Reed: Join me at my SAP Skills Networking Sessions at TechEd Phoenix! (SAP Skills)
“A highlight of TechEd for me is over-excited lounge conversations on where SAP skills are headed next and what we all need to do to stay relevant.”
- SCN Top Contributor Juergen Schmerder: SAP TechEd Experts Networking Lounge – to TechEd through the back door (Blue Ruby/ABAB)
“I can talk to some of our Blue Ruby trial users in person, make the work we do in the Office of SAP’s Chief Scientist Ike Nassi more visible, and I’m sure I can get more ideas on how to position scripting languages within SAP. So I’m just happy!”
- James Taylor: Risks of pursuing BPM without decisioning (Decision Management)
- Michele Crapo: SAP TechEd Phoenix – Experts Networking Sessions (ABAP)
“This one is open, wide open. Questions about ABAP. Information you would like to share. (…) One community day last year, I shared some tips and tricks. I’ll bring mine in. If you have some good tips, bring them on in.”
And, last but not least, if you would like to discuss approaches to social media marketing, ask questions, share your own experiences or find out what SCN marketing is doing, please join my session in Phoenix or Vienna. Social media marketing has democratized marketing and taken it out of the hands of a few into the hands of the masses – be part of it!
Social Media Marketing – Knowledge Exchange Sharing
Don’t forget that the Twitter tag is #sapteched09; use it in your tweets and follow the TechEd conversation at http://search.twitter.com/.