Recently I found more and more people are trying to integrate SAP CRM with MS Outlook 2007. SAP CRM currently does not officially support MS Outlook 2007 for E-Mails (whereas the groupware replication does) but it was tested with this setup.
SAP has been using various Microsoft Standard Integration Technologies in the past to establish activty replication or E-mail Integration between a CRM System and MS Outlook or MS Exchange.
The technology used in the area of E-Mail Integration (so called One-to-One Email Integration) is a mix out of MS MAPI and MS CDO. These are common libraries that provide 3rd party applications with a set of integration APIs. Using both APIs means that both MAPI and CDO are needed for the integration to work.
As of MS Outlook 2007 the CDO library is not included in the Standard Installation Package from Microsoft anymore. Customers who want to use this Library need to install this separately. Microsoft has published two installation packs for this,
- one including MAPI and CDO
- the other including only CDO. (this is what you need…)
Using the MS Outlook without CDO leads to some issues when transferring E-Mails from MS Outlook 2007 to CRM.
- When the user opens the E-mail Inbox all items are still visible.
- The transfer of the Email does not happen and CRM does not open the assignment screen.
In addition, when you have defined in customizing to receive a copy of the E-mail in the sent items folder of your Outlook when sending E-Mail in CRM, a similar issue appears.
- please open MS Outlook and verify the MS Outlook version you are using. therefore go to Menu > Help > About Microsoft Office Outlook.
You should see that MS Outlook 2007 is presently installed.
- Now go to the Microsoft Download Page using this link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2714320d-c997-4de1-986f-24f081725d36&displaylang=en
- Download and install the file with the name “ExchangeCdo.EXE”. the file size should be under 500kbyte
- Restart your browser and try transferring your inbound E-Mails from your MS Outlook version again. the problem should be solved now.