In this BLOG I will outline the AusPost proof on concept for the recently GA Identity Management 7.1 offering from SAP.
Deploy a Proof of Concept IdM 7.1 system re-using existing systems where possible.
- IdM database (DB) – Oracle 10.2.0.2, AIX 6.1 (wpar)
- User Interface (UI) – EP7.01, Oracle 10.2.0.4, AIX 5.3RunTime
- Components (RT) – AIX5.3 Solution Manager System
- Management Console (MC) – Windows XP LapTop
Our initial problems:
We found there was not much documentation around on creating the Runtime Components (dispatcher) for UNIX systems.
We installed Oracle 10.2.0.2 with an empty database on an AIX 6.1 WPAR using the (IDM 71 Oracle Install guide.pdf). We then imported the Identity center database schema using (include.sql) into this database.
- Define a table and include this in the include.sql.
- Ensure you install the updates.sql to get the latest version of the schema.
- Ensure ulimits are set to unlimited.
Runtime Components and JCO connector
We installed this on an existing AIX 5.3 LPAR sharing with Solution Manager using the (IDM 71 Runtime Component Install Guide.pdf).
- Set JAVA_HOME and PATH to SAPJVM
- Download and install SAPJVM_5.
IDM Management Console
We installed this on the local XP Laptop of the Security Administrator using the (Initial Configuration.pdf).First Oracle database client this then allowed the Identity center configuration to be able to choose ‘Oracle Provider for OLE DB” and also the Netsevice (listener) connection to our IDM database schema above.Then we run the MMC install for Identity Center and implemented the Identity center initial configuration (Initial Configuration.pdf)
- The ‘create dispatcher’ step creates Dispatcher_Service,server.sh and Dispatcher_Service.prop.- Copy these from the Management Console to the Runtime Component
- Edited with JDBC driver connection to the IDM Database, pointer to the JDBC driver, PATH to DSE.jar, JAVA_HOME (sapjvm) and DISPATCHER NAME.
- Create Key.ini happens in the Management Console, and copied to the AIX Runtime environment and User Interface as per IDM 7.1 Runtime Component Install Guide.pdf
We deployed this to our existing Enterprise Portal 7.01 SP19.This was deployed via the SDM as per IDM 71 User Interface Install Guide.pdf. This guide also explains how to configure the JMX Layer, adding a user to the Identity store, accessing the IDM user interface, importing predefined contents for SAP NetWeaver Portal and Verifying the portal.
- Create the identity store first manually
- Add the pcd:portal_content/com.sap.idm.identity_managment_folder portal role to the user.
Our next steps:
- Install IdM Database and Run Time on a single AIX 6.1 LPAR.
- Install the Management Console on a central Windows 2007 server
- Install the User Interface on NetWeaver CE 7.1
- Determine the applicability of a VDS (Virtual Directory Server)