The long awaited version of Crystal Reports Server 2008 that supports the .Net API and IIS support is finally here.
Not only have we brought back these important features, but we’ve gone way beyond that with new features such as:
- Xcelsius dashboarding and Dashboard Builder (for named users only up to 100 named users).
- Data driven publishing for bursting personalized reports to a dynamic list of recipients
- Improved Sharepoint portal integration kit
- New supported platforms such as Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 (for the CMS database). See the Windows and Linux PAR for more details.
- Higher capacity – support for up to 100 concurrent access licenses (CAL) combined with up to 100 named user licenses (NUL). The old cap was 20 CAL + 100 NUL.
- Lower prices – 50 and 100 NUL prices are reduced by up to 37%
Crystal Reports Server continues to be available for sale in both Concurrent Access License (CAL) and Named User Licenses (NUL). Both can be combined up to the maximum of 100 CAL and 100 NUL.
What license should be used for which scenarios?
For casual reporting users.
Includes data-driven publishing.
Does not include Xcelsius viewing or Dashboard Builder.
Anyone can login to the system up to the number of supported CAL. Once that limit is reached, subsequent logins are prevented until someone logs out.
Ideal for extranet scearios.
For users that require guaranteed access to reports and dashboards.
Does not include data-driven publishing.
Include Xcelsius viewing and Dashboard Builder.
User setup with a NUL license are guaranteed access to the system.
Ideal for managers and analysts that must have access to the system.
We expect customers to combine CALs and NULs as needed to meet their needs.
The traditional limitations of Crystal Reports Server remain:
- No support for multiple servers – its a single server solution.
- No support for the SAP Integration Kit. We support reporting off SAP Business One, but not the other SAP applications (All-in-One, and the Business Suite).
- No support for client tools found in Edge or BusinessObjects Enterprise such as Web Intelligence, Explorer (Polestar), Voyager, Mobile, Universes, Data Integrator, Data Quality, Rapid Marts, or Query-As-A-Web Service.
- Licenses of Xcelsius Engage (for dashboard design) and Crystal Reports (for report design) are sold separately.
Crystal Reports Server 2008 V1 is available for sale now, and will ship starting September 15.