Connecting SAP Customers and Partners with Talented SAP Professionals … in the new Career Center
Are you looking for a destination within the SAP Community Network (SCN) where employers seeking expertise in SAP technology can connect with skilled SAP professionals looking for employment opportunities? Then visit the career center, part of the SCN. It’s open to employers and applicants worldwide, and by specializing in SAP-centric positions, it helps employers target recruitment and quickly identify qualified SAP talent anywhere. It enables job seekers to showcase their skills in the collaborative environment of the SCN. Best of all, employers can post jobs free of charge until September 30, 2009.
You Asked – We Listened
For a long time, now, many of you have inquired about the option to post jobs in various parts of SCN. Until now, we did not have a dedicated space for job postings or an area that would enable interactions between employers and applicants.
That’s why we have introduced the Career Center, part of the SAP Community Network (SCN).
The career center is yet another offering designed to add value to SCN members. It is available for members of the SAP ecosystem who are either looking to hire SAP talent or are interested in employment opportunities.
Check it out today to take advantage of a special, limited-time offer: Job postings are free of charge to all employers between now and September 30, 2009.
Why Use the Career Center?
This new Career Center is unique because it’s part of the SCN and focuses exclusively on SAP technology related positions. As such, the career center offers employers and job seekers alike some great advantages.
- Worldwide availability – jobs can be posted in any geography to find the right candidates in your hometown or around the globe.
- Broad functionality – employers and prospective employees can take advantage searchable job postings, job alerts, and a resume database.
- Leverage the interactivity of the SCN – because of the career center’s unique position with the community, it allows potential employers and applicants to interact with one another, such as:
- By asking questions and providing feedback on job postings, employers and applicants can more fully collaborate in the career center forum.
- Employers can get a more complete sense of an applicant’s suitability as applicants can point to their contributions in the community. Applicants are able to showcase their SAP-related know how, giving employers a sneak “preview” of an applicant’s SAP skills, areas of interest and focus, as well as their ability to collaborate (i.e., “play well”) with others.
- Applicant can get a better sense of a potential employer and its culture through interaction in the career center forums.
According to a recent article “8 Ways Job Seekers Can Assess a Prospective Employer’s Corporate Culture,” posted on CIO.com, the right cultural fit between employer and applicant is the key ingredient to a successful and lasting work relationship, even in an economic downturn. After all, every company wants to hire employees who look forward to coming to work every morning and become assets to the company for years to come.
Exclusively For SAP Customers and Partners Only – NOT SAP
You might wonder why SAP is not recruiting for SAP internal jobs on the career center site, and why SAP employees are excluded from using the career center. The reason is that many contracts between SAP and our partners and customers include clauses where we mutually agree not to recruit each other’s talent. Therefore, SAP has decided to keep SAP’s internal recruitment (in other words, jobs where SAP is the employer) separate and requests that our employees not be recruited on the career center site either. The site is open to everybody else in the SAP ecosystem, including partners, customers, consultants and vendors, as well as students and new graduates.
Built to Bring Value, Opportunity and Collaboration to SCN Members
The career center is the result of what so many SCN members were asking for: A job site within the community with exclusive focus on SAP technology that helps employers quickly identify qualified SAP talent worldwide and helps job seekers to showcase their skills and land the right opportunity. It’s available worldwide, fully leverages the visibility of the SCN, and has rich functionality that will continue to improve over time.
Find Out More and Spread the Word
I invite you to visit the career center today and take advantage of this new resource. If you’re a customer or partner, you’re welcome to post your job offerings for free – from now until the September 30, 2009!
I am really looking forward to everyone’s feedback on this, since we think we’re satisfying a need that many of you have expressed. Please let us know what you like and don’t like about this. And please spread the word – the more folks who know about and use the career center, the better the resource will be for the whole community.
Good luck in filling your SAP-related job offerings or in employing your SAP skills!