We are open for OpenID!
Starting Monday, July 27, we at SAP Community Networks are jumping on the OpenID bandwagon.
We are happy to announce that we will now serve as an OpenID provider.
What is open ID?
It is a Single Sign-On Service for the Internet, managed by Open ID foundation.
The idea behind OpenID is that you choose one OpenID URL, and can use it across multiple websites. No need to remember multiple passwords and user names, you can use the same identity to log onto different sites.
With the introduction of the SAP Community Networks OpenID, websites can allow our members to logon to their site.
For you, community members:
- This will help you have control of your login to external sites.
- You will only need to provide your OpenID to start a new account reducing registration friction.
- You will receive a more personalized service faster.
- You won’t have to trust sites with your information; we will authenticate and confirm you.
- In a future release, you will also be able to choose which profile information will be exposed to the sites you log on to
We hope this will improve your user experience and lead to many blessed cooperation.
Want to try it out?
Go in to your profile; choose your SAP OpenID URL.
You now have a unique SAP OpenID, which you can use with external sites,
Try it out in a site that accepts OpenID, for example: http://hardwax.com/
If you have any comments or feedbacks, please share them