I’d like to introduce the upcoming integration of Xcelsius 2008 with NetWeaver 7.0. It is meant to leverage BW data through Xcelsius BI Dashboards. This integration is scheduled to te released in early Q4 2009.
What functions will the integration provide?
- A new Xcelsius direct connector to BEx queries and views
- Support for SAP lifecycle transport mechanism
- Support for text translation
- Xcelsius Dashboards accessed via NW Portal BEx iView using standard SAP credentials
- An solution independent from BusinessObjects Enterprise
When should this solution be considered?
When BI data resides in SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse.
When the business requirements are about highly visual interfaces with intuitive guided navigation for casual BI users: executives, managers and operational staff. Xcelsius dashboards are not designed for OLAP style analysis. For example, Xcelsius does not provide out-of-the-box visualizations for hierarchical data.
When should this solution not be considered?
When the business requirements include Web Intelligence analysis and reporting, Infoview or Dashboard Builder BI portal delivery. The recommendation is to use Xcelsius hosted by BusinessObjects Enterprise, enabling dashboard delivery via Infoview or Dashboard Builder. In a BusinessObjects Enterprise deployment, the recommended Xcelsius data connector for BW remains Live Office.
What software will be required?
- BI 7.X AddOn SP901 or higher
- Xcelsius Designer 2008 SP2 (released in July 2009)
- SAP GUI 7.10
- Flash Player 9 or Flash Player 10
Server side NetWeaver Platform:
- SAP EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP5 Java and ABAP (scheduled for October 2009)
Be aware that the release schedule is subject to change. SAP does not guarantee the availability of the above releases on the specified date.
System Landscape Diagram
Xcelsius Designer BEX Query Connector Screenshot