After the successful introduction of a German based training for the Category Management methodology SAP partner GS1 Germany offers a European wide training as well. In a mixture of theory and practical trainings including fruitful discussions between retailers and suppliers the participants learn the all necessary tools and procedures for a successful implementation of Category Management in the own company. For SAP this proofs to be a good platform to position our rich and effective applications supporting the different aspects of this process.
Category Management is a retailer/supplier process of managing categories as strategic business units, producing enhanced business results by focusing on delivering consumer value.
How are categories treated as business units?
- What are the different strategic roles of categories for retailers?
- Which data is needed to evaluate a category?
- How are category objectives defined and verified?
- According to which criteria products are listed or delisted?
- What does the perfect shelf look like from a customer’s point of view?
- How do stores successfully implement category management?
- Which are the prerequisites for a successful collaboration?
These questions and more will be answered during the Category Management Basics Workshop.
- Introduction to Efficient Consumer Response and Category Management according to the ECR Europe standard process
- Overview and introduction to methods as well as each of the 8 steps of the ECR Europe Category Management Process
- Case studies
- Relevant presentations by European manufacturing and retail representatives
- Applying know-how from manufacturing and retail
- Consolidation of assortment optimization and shelf presentation
- Team project on case studies
After the seminar the participants will have acquired the basics to evaluate Category Management potential as well as the know-how to develop their own solutions.
After taking part in the seminar, they will receive a confirmation of participation.
The seminar is aimed at participants with minimal Category Management experience.
Location: GS1 Germany Knowledge Center, Maarweg 133, 50825 Köln, Germany
Seminar data: 9-10 September 2009
For registration of further information, please view http://www.gs1-germany.de/content/weiterbildung/category_management/cm_basics_international/index_ger.html