Have you noticed the “Get This” buttons on the home pages of SDN, BPX, and BusinessObjects communities? These are recently launched widgets, powered by Newsgator (http://www.newsgator.com/). They provide easy access to topics of interest to you using a compelling viral widget technology.
How do these widgets benefit you, the community member?
1. You Get More information – These SCN Content Widgets give you more information on each topic, allowing us to bring in content feeds from many different sources (blogs, forum posts, articles, wikis and more), even outside SCN. The topics selected are strategically chosen to cover the most popular topics on SCN.
2. You Get Information Faster – updates are automatic based on the widget’s criteria.
3. You Can “Take these Widgets with You”, Virally.
- You can “grab” the widget using the “Get This” icon and post it on your own websites or blogs. So they can become viral very quickly, allowing you to enhance your page with SAP community feeds.
4. You Can Place these Widgets in Your Start Page (e.g. iGoogle Reader) to Conveniently Read Personalized Updates
- The information gets “pushed” to you, easily, in the page you use to consolidate all your daily news and information updates.
5. You Can Email these Widgets to a Friend
- For them to deploy as described above, and so on, and so on….
We think the addition of these widgets to SCN is a major enhancement to the user experience on our sites.