Here are some pointers to help you out in initializing a source system and SAP NetWeaver BW in the case that you already have deltas established and need to start over.
- If you have V3, or other LO extractor delta jobs scheduled, you should stop them in the source system via tcode LBWE.
- Delete all initializations in your BW environment, to stop the generation of deltas.
- Delete all of the delta entries on tcode RSA7 in the source system.
- Delete all setup tables, using tcode LBWG, for each application that you’re using in the LO extractors.
- Delete data in your InfoCubes and DSOs, in your BW environment, by right-clicking on the object and select Delete Data. This will delete all requests that have been loaded to the object and will additionally delete any Change Logs that have been created.
- Delete PSAs, in your SAP BW environment, by either manaually managing the PSAs or create a PSA Delete Process Chain that does it in an automated approach.
- Begin execution your setups using the OLI*BW tcodes, depending on what application you’re loading, in the source system. If you have a large number of SD documents to extract and load, you can determine, or have a business analyst provide, a list of document number ranges by year or year/month and execute mutiple, concurrent setups for those applications. When extracting this data into your BW environment, you can create and execute multiple InfoPackages, as Full Repair extractions, with selection on the same document number ranges used to create the setup table.
- In most cases, the initialization of deltas should be done as an Init w/o Data Transfer and then do a Full Repair extraciton of the data.
- Schedule the V3, or other LO extractor delta jobs, in the source system.
- Execute Full Repair extractions to your BW environment.
- Schedule delta loads via Process Chains.
These steps can be used whether you do or don’t have “quiet time”. As some of us have encountered, “quiet time” isn’t always available. This, therefore requires us to be somewhat creative. I realize this may not be the only way accomplish this, but it’s been the process that we’ve used when we have to “start from scratch”.