Time and again we face a scenario where we receive frequent changes in files.The files are exported
through Open Hub Destination or Infospokes.The changes in file may range from filters in data
(e.g. source systems,company codes,plant) .It may also apply for changes in calculation logic for
keyfigure values.This blog will try to deal with it by suggesting little change in the dataflow.
This will remove the need for changing the transformation or update rules.
In traditional data model we just have a simple infoprovider and a transformation to Open Hub
which is loaded via DTP or infospoke having BADIs written for filtering /manipulating the exported data.
Data Flow for traditional data model is like :
INFOPROVIDER–>TRANSFORMATION+DTP–>OPEN HUB DESTINATION
INFOPROVIDER–>INFOSPOKE(BADIs written for data manipulation like in end/start
routine of Transformation.)
Making slight changes in this dataflow and inserted the APD in between i.e.
INFOPROVIDER–>APD–>Direct Update DSO–>Transformation–>OPEN HUB DESTINATION
INFOPROVIDER–>APD–>Direct Update DSO–>INFOSPOKE
Going Step by Step:
- Create A Query On top of the Infoprovider,
- Put as much logic as possible in it with calculations and filters etc.
- Select this query as source in APD process .
|http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fQoOuXr0LGRgZqEElJxE9g?feat=embedwebsite”> src=” />|
|From Blog” target=”_top”>http://picasaweb.google.com/rakesh.ism/BlogAPD?feat=embedwebsite”>Blog APD|
PIC 1. APD with source query and direct update dso.
(PIC 2. Select Query created on the source infoprovider)
- Create direct update DSO resembling OPEN HUB DESTINATION/INFOSPOKE fields.
PIC 3. Open Hub Destination,Click on Field Definitions for copying the fields to Direct update DSO
- Now Join the Query with direct update DSO using the mapping rules in APD(Transaction RSANWB).
Refer Pic 1.
PIC 4.Mapping between Source Infoprovider Query and direct update DSO.
- Create one Transformation mapping the direct update dso with Open Hub or Infospoke.
- If you are using an Infospoke,then in RSBO make rules mapping the source infoprovider to
the Infospoke.(use BADIs is required).
- Run the APDs using standard program RSAN_PROCESS_EXECUTE using variant name as APD.
- Create a variant for the same in SE38.
(you can use it while executing the APD process through process chain).
PIC 5. Using Program RSAN_PROCESS_EXECUTE in Process Chain variant to run the APD
- Now run the DTP to Export the files/or Execute the Infospoke to export the file
- The whole process can be automated using the Process chain shown below.
- The infospoke can be directly executed in Process Chain while the Open Hub DTP will be used
for exporting files.
Pic 6. Automated process using Process Chains