Process Scheduling Adapter for SAP Solution Manager for everybody
The Process Scheduling Adapter for SAP Solution Manager is now available for free. With this step SAP gives all customers access to the enhancements SAP Central Process Scheduling provides to the Job Scheduling Management scenario.
How to start quickly with SAP Central Process Scheduling, Job Documentation and Request
- Install SAP Solution Manager EhP1 (free of charge)
- Install the Process Scheduling Adapter (free of charge) from SWDC as described in SAP note 1122497
- Install SAP CPS and generate free of charge license (free of charge)
- Connect CPS to your SAP Solution Manager system as described in SAP note 1265635 and the SAP Solution Manager implementation guide
To get an overview of the joined capabilities go to
I can also recommend to have a look a the tutorials provided by Redwood, which present the advanced capabilities of SAP CPS.
Notes on the Free of Charge/OEM License of SAP CPS by Redwood:
- You have to create an so-called Isolation Group for each SAP system. You cannot define an SAP systems in Isolation Group GLOBAL
- In order to be able to create an Isolation Group your user needs role scheduler-isolation-administrator with action redwood.com/ManageSchedulerIsolation
- In order to create a new Isolation Group navigate to Security -> Isolation Groups and select New
- In order to add an user to an Isolation Group go to Security -> Isolation Groups and select Import Users