SAP MDSD (Mobile Direct Store Delivery) is an offline solution by SAP based on Direct Store Delivery in SAP ERP. SAP MDSD supports van sales, pre-sales and delivery scenarios. Using SAP MDSD delivery drivers can deal with most of the business processes starting form checking out of the warehouse with goods to delivery / sales to customers to checking in to the warehouse at the end of the day with payments / collections.
One of the key requirements for a POC was the ability to take surveys in the MDSD application when the delivery drivers visit customers. SAP CRM has a readymade Survey Suite which can be used to capture statistical information concerning sales, marketing, product positioning, etc. Many a times Surveys are the main medium of obtaining information from the market and the customers. So this was a critical requirement.
We integrated SAP CRM Survey with SAP MDSD using SAP NetWeaver. The integration is such that any existing SAP MDSD customer can deploy this survey integration component out-of-the-box in their existing landscape.
- Create an Activity for a Business Partner in SAP CRM and associate a Survey with this Activity.
- Create a tour for the same Business Partner in SAP ERP DSD.
- Synchronize the SAP MDSD client from the mobile device to receive this tour and the Activity / Survey data on the device.
- Proceed with the DSD tour on the mobile device and complete the normal activities.
- Take the Survey at the customer location.
- Synchronize the mobile device.
- See the Survey data in the SAP CRM Activity in the SAP CRM backend.
- During every tour the delivery driver can collect information about the each of the customers with the help of a survey from his MDSD application.
- The delivery driver can fill in check lists about his visits in his MDSD application.
- The survey data from MDSD can be fed to any analytics tool like SAP BW to streamline the business processes, sales and delivery and customer interaction.
- This can play a major role in keeping the customer satisfaction high.
- Client application: SAP MDSD 2.1 and 3.0
- Backend: SAP ERP compatible with SAP MDSD versions and SAP CRM 4.0 and above
- Middleware: SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- Estimated implementation time in an existing SAP MDSD and SAP CRM landscape: 1 week.
Please find a demo of this application at: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/10aef498-eb19-2c10-2aa5-c98957aa52ab
Try the demo link in IE if it does not work with Firefox due to a missing plugin.
If you cannot see the video on SDN then try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXVRMDEKol0