This is really good news for data stewards and other IT people dedicated to information management and data quality management: SAP Business Objects and SAP NetWeaver continue to team up in a common approach to establish sustained enterprise strategies.
Attentive community readers may already have noticed that the SAP NetWeaver Information Management space and the SAP Business Objects Information Management space are semantically closely related, both covering one and the same hot spot in current enterprise strategies applied to gain the competitive edge. This has also been addressed in the Extending the Value of SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence with the Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform presentation. And – the common ground can also be observed in the master data management space.
As already depicted in the SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management roadmap graphic below, you can see one example of how these areas have started to interact, combining the best of two worlds featuring end-to-end data quality driven master data management.
[*) Please note that possible future developments are subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice]
With the Data Quality Management (DQM) for SAP NetWeaver MDM package at hand, you can leverage the powerful address cleansing capabilities of SAP Business Objects Data Services in SAP NetWeaver MDM*.
For an architectural overview of SAP NetWeaver MDM and SAP Business Objects interacting through the DQM-MDM Enrichment Adapter see the following graphic.
From the package you will get the following benefits:
- Ready-to-run sophisticated address cleansing capabilities on an international scale.
- Master data excellence by combining master data quality and master data persistency
- Streamlined service-based integration via the MDM Enrichment Architecture.
- Workflow-embedded data enrichment process.
The related user guide provides a general overview of BusinessObjects™ Data Quality Management software, version for SAP NetWeaver MDM, as well as specific information for installing and integrating this product with SAP NetWeaver MDM.
SAP Business Objects Data Services customers can download the Data Quality Management (DQM) for SAP NetWeaver MDM package from the SAP Download Center (Path: Download > Installations and Upgrades > Entry by Application Group > SAP Business Objects packages and products > BOBJ DQM FOR SAP NW MDM).
In addition, please check the following information material about SAP NetWeaver MDM integrating with SAP Business Objects:
- Demo on vendor data consolidation with SAP NetWeaver MDM including SAP Business Objects Data Services
- Webinar recording about SAP Business Objects DQM for SAP Business Suite and SAP NetWeaver MDM
- How-to Guide dedicated to the integration of the ETL capabilities of SAP Business Objects Data Services.
SAP NetWeaver MDM and SAP Business Objects Data Services – a winning combination.