How To- Trigger subsequent processes in a Process Chain based on the Success or Failure of ABAP program
Sometimes we may have a requirement in a Process chain wherein we need to trigger a process subsequent to the ABAP program, based on whether the ABAP program has status – completed or failed.
The Standard ABAP process type does not offer this option. This can be achieved by creating a custom process type.
1) Goto transaction RSPC and from the Menu, choose Settings –> Maintain Process Types
2) The “Possible Process Types” will be in “Display mode”. Switch to “Change Mode”
3) Now the “New Entries” button will be displayed. Click the “New Entries” button.
4) Create a new custom ABAP process type, say ZABAP – “ABAP Program (Custom Process Type)”.
Enter the following details.
For Standard “ABAP Program” process type, the “Possible Events” will be “Process ends “non-specifically””.
To trigger the subsequent processes in a Process Chain based on the Success or Failure of the ABAP program, we need to change it to “Process ends “successful” or “incorrect””
All other parameters will be the same as that of standard “ABAP Program” process type.
6) After entering the above parameters, SAVE the process type.
7) The new Process Type “ABAP Program (Custom Process Type)” will be displayed in the “General Services”.
8) Use this Process type instead of the standard “ABAP Program” process type in the Process chain. Now the prompt will be displayed to choose between the following three options.
A Sample Process chain with the custom process type – “ABAP Program (Custom Process Type)”.
As you can see, if the Test Program is successful, 0MAT_PLANT_ATTR will be loaded.
If the Test Program fails, 0MATL_GROUP_TEXT will be loaded.