Pushing your Webdynpro Context into Configuration
This blog deals with the idea of pushing your abap webdynpro context into configuration. The configuration could be maintained at once using configuration editor and then be consumed into any application using application configuration.
Step By Step Procedure:
1) Create a webdynpro component without any views or window. Right Click on the component and create a custom controller.
2) You will be asked to Enter Controller Name and Description.Once the controller is created don’t forget to mark the controller as ‘CONFIGURATION CONTROLLER’.
3) Create a context against which you want to store configuration as shown below.
4) Map the configuration Controller context with component controller context simply by drag and drop. Now in order to store your configuration against these context you need to create component configuration for the component you have just created.
5) You would see Component editor as shown below.
6) Provide a configuration ID and say create configuration.
7) Now depending on the cardinality of the context you can maintain one or multiple values against this component as shown below. (The context used in the example is just a illustration, you can have your own application specific configuration context ).
Press on save to preserve these configuration forever. Now these configurations are ready to be used with any webdynpro application. The stored values are made available to external webdynpro application by application configuration containing this component configuration. The approach above could be used to maintain high level UI Configuration/ UI exits.