Cabin Crew Mobile Assistant using Netweaver Mobile 7.1
Cabin Crew Mobile Assistant is a mobile solution for airline cabin crews developed using SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1, the latest mobile offering from SAP.
This is an innovative solution for airline companies which aim at improving the efficiency of employees, by relieving them from their cumbersome work schedules.
The application provides complete freedom to crew members by allowing them access to huge amounts of information while they are on the move, like it allows employees to check roster details, rotation and operating flight details, allows them to apply leaves, check their leave balance, submit expenses and at the same time check the status of previously applied leaves and expenses.Some of the business benefits that this application provides are
- Improved employee experience
- Increase in productivity
- Cost saving for airline as this reduces the amount of paper work
- Real time communication through round the clock availability of updates
- Better employee satisfaction.
Technology used to develop the application
This is an occasionally connected application developed using SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 with ECC as the backend system.
The following Data Objects were created in the DOE:
- Employee details Data Object that holds employee data
- Operating flight details Data Object that holds flight details data
- Leave request Data Object to hold the leave requests of employees
- Leave balance Data Object that holds the leave balance data of employees
- Rotation Data Object that contains the rotation details and
- Expenses Data Object to hold the expenses data submitted by employees.
These Data Objects are mapped with the backend data, so that any communication between the mobile device and the backend system take place through these Data Objects.
A distribution rule created in the DOE makes sure that only the data relevant to the person using the mobile device is sent to the device, thereby reducing the load on the handheld device.UI development is done using Mobile Web Dynpro for java, in the handhelds perspective of SAP Netweaver Developer Studio, SP07, which is available at Service MarketPlace.
Please find the video demo of the application at the following link : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1035db21-f6ff-2b10-a28e-fd1be3f53119