As you might have heard, Enhancement Pack 1 of NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 is in ramp up.
To those who don’t know what that means: Ramp Up (officially called “restricted shipment”) is a special phase of product introduction at SAP that allows customers to already use the software productively. But to make really sure we are able to support all kinds of incidents, it is delivered to a restricted set of customers.
The good news is that there are still some places available for the current program, so you may start your composition project immediately.
What you get
Some highlights of the new features of this version:
- Full BPM (Business Process Management) and BRM (Business Rule Management) integration
- Composite Designer view in NetWeaver Developer Studio
- Improved Java supportibility and monitoring capabilities
- Visual Composer in NetWeaver Developer Developer Studio
- Higher productivity in CAF (Composite Application Framework), e.g. graphical designers
- Connectivity improvements, e.g. reliable messaging, idempotency, etc.
- Enhanced devloper productivity in format of integrated NetWeaver Developer Infrastructure (NWDI) and Enterprise Service Repository (ESR)
- Getting Started with SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment
If you haven’t seen it, this is also available as a preview download, which you can check out. This version only runs 90 days and is of course not connected to any service or guarantees of a real product.
What you need to start
As you know, cost may vary due to country and specific agreements your company has with SAP. Therefore the only one who can tell you a price is your local sales representative. But at least I’m able to tell you what kind of licenses you need. This includes a NetWeaver Development License, additional Licenses for the use of Business Process Management and/or Business Rules Management at runtime and a ramp up coach who is available at a local consulting rate.