Personalisation…that’s what attracts you to use something, to feel at home…doesn’t it?
In the same way, different groups of people/ departments in an organisation running a Portal would love to get their own ” personalised access points” to the portal. A gateway which could take the user to a specific application.
One easy and simple way to do this is through the SAP provided SAP Web dispatcher tool. In this blog, I will talk about how you can very simply achieve this feature with the SAP Web Dispatcher.
The Netweaver Portal does provide a feature called “Quick Links” which gives you a literal ‘quick link’ to a page on the portal . For more information about visit http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/97/b0ef8b24a64ae884f0ab246e54cae5/content.htm
Note: Till atleast Portal 7.0 SPS14 the quicklink feature could only be used with the word ‘go’ in the middle eg: http://<<base URL>> /go/quicklink
Another way to achieve this is through the SAP Web Dispatcher.
Scenario: Assiging an Alias directly to a Web Dynpro Application.
- 1) Open up the web dispatcher profile ” sapwebdisp.pfl”
- 2) Navigate to the section ‘SAP Web Dispatcher Ports’
- 3) Add the parameter icm/HTTP/redirect_X
- 4) Add the value to the above parameter = PREFIX=/xxx, TO=/irj/yyyy
- a. Xxx = replace with alias
- b. Yyy= replace with location of app
And you are done! You can even call directly a web dynpro app!