One of the recent buzzwords in CRM and Communication world is Communication Enabled Business Processes (CEBP). Leading analysts define CEBPs as business systems that are able to directly integrate with communication systems or networks.
CEBP systems are essentially used to support interpersonal and person-to system interactions with the key features being Contextual Presence, Flexible Media Blending, and Intelligent Notifications.
Some of the recent projections for CEBP are as follows:
- Most of the businesses that have deployed Communication-Enabled Business Processes will obtain significant competitive and revenue differentiation because of it.
- Some business processes that have been communication-enabled will experience up to 50% efficiency improvement.
All current projections indicate a growing momentum behind Communication-Enabled Business Processes, both with vendors and with businesses.
In simple terms, your interaction center setup normally relies on the ability of call center agents to solve customer critical issues in a timely and efficient manner. However, this does not factor in the importance of expertise and knowledge required to achieve the same.
With CEBP, all your employees will be able to use VoIP, presence, and other related tools to find subject-matter experts within the organization, irrespective of whether they are a part of the interaction center or not and route calls to them directly, thereby solving a customer’s problem immediately and satisfactorily. The icing on the cake is the ability to route the business transactions/processes to subject matter experts so that the issues get handled in real-time. In general, CEBP enable organizations to provide better customer service and improved performance.
One of the basic building blocks for implementing CEBP at your organization would be Communication Management software that is IP based for ex. SAP Business Communication Management. With SAP Business Communication Management, SAP provides an integrated, all-software based solution that ties together all communication channels and all customer-facing interactions into a single, flexible, and adaptable environment. By bringing these disparate channels and systems together into a single software-based solution, companies can implement Communication-Enabled Business Processes that bring the benefits we’ve been discussing: improved service to customers, improved internal performance, and reduced system TCO.
SAP CRM 7.0 as a part of Communication Enabled business processes offers
- Presence Information in Partner Views: This feature enables users to quickly locate and communicate with subject matter experts, managers, or supervisors. The presence status of users who are assigned to communication-enabled business roles is displayed in the dial pad and in all assignment blocks on the CRM WebClient UI related to business partners
- Communication Enablement for All CRM Roles: This ensures the availability of Communication Management Software functions into any of the CRM business roles, not necessarily interaction center.
- Business Process Push: Using this, one can expose business processes to external routers for distribution. The dispatch process can be centrally managed and controlled; most importantly it can be based on the real time availability of particular personnel.
To get a practical insight into the functionality available in SAP CRM 7.0 for CEBP, you can also check the below video demos: