Customers implementing the CRM 7.0 Web Channel application may come across a new term called the LORD Basket enabled by the LORD API.
The LORD Basket is used with SAP CRM 7.0 allowing SAP customers to create ERP quotations and sales orders within the CRM Web Channel B2B web shops, thus making it possible for SAP customers to leverage the investments made in their SAP ERP implementation.
With ERP order processing in the CRM Web Channel B2B scenario, the web shop, product catalog and marketing capabilities of SAP CRM are enabled and used to create the ERP sales order. This also includes the transfer of CRM product proposals, cross-selling, up-selling, and accessories into the ERP quotation and sales order. The web shop internet user adds items from the product catalog into the shopping basket. Upon saving the order, there is no creation or replication of the order within the SAP CRM system. The system retrieves pricing from SAP ERP and the user creates the order directly in the SAP ERP system.
Data for the ERP order transactions goes into the “LORD Basket” (not to be confused with the Backend Basket or Java Basket) for order creation in the SAP ERP system. The LORD API (a web interface API) makes this possible.
If this is a solution you are interested in, there are a few key things that you will need to know to implement this solution:
- SAP ERP 6.0 EhP4 is required to take advantage of these new business process capabilities
- Pricing can remain completely in SAP ERP SD
– If real-time pricing is required in the product catalog then IPC pricing conditions in CRM are used
Important Note: Even if SAP ERP pricing is used, the pricing conditions have to be set up in the IPC to display the correct prices in the CRM product catalog in the B2B scenario
- The target industries for this initial scope are OEMs, IM&C, Mills and Beverage however the intent is to allow for all other industries to leverage these capabilities as well.
- A dedicated XCM scenario for B2B and Shop Management Web applications needs to be used:
– B2B Web application: erpcrmstandard
– Shop Management Web application: erpcrmshop
- Technically an ERP B2B web shop is used and needs to be maintained via the Shop Management Web application
– In Shop Management the customizing for tabs General Information, Transactions is referencing to ERP customizing
– In Shop Management the customizing for tabs Catalog, Marketing is referencing to CRM data
– A named SU01 user is required in SAP ERP. Connection to SAP CRM is done via anonymous SU01 user
The entry of ERP Sales Transactions can also be leveraged within SAP CRM Web Client UI (reference above diagram). You can find extensive information about creating and changing ERP Sales Transactions in SAP CRM in SAP Note 1236015 – ERP Sales Transactions in SAP CRM.