SAP® Business Suite 7 Software: Engineered to Address the New Reality
Over the last 15 months, SAP has invested heavily in its main application line for large enterprises to address a new set of market requirements. Fortunately, it is available today, and many of the properties of our new enterprise solution – SAP Business Suite 7 – address the needs of customers attempting to realize more value from their enterprise IT investments.
SAP Business Suite 7 is modular software that supports end-to-end industry processes of large enterprises and is available via RAMP-UP today
It represents and contains all the latest business process support and industry capabilities from SAP, built for larger enterprises. Here are six advantages of the new Suite:
- With SAP Business Suite 7, you realize the full benefits of end-to-end process integration. Customers can consolidate enterprise systems on a common platform and deploy the latest advances from SAP in a synchronized fashion – no more waiting needed, you can act now and take advantage of all the latest solutions from SAP – at the same time.
- SAP Business Suite 7 behaves like a true platform. Customer can decide how large or how small they want to organize their implementation projects. The dependency to install all components of SAP Business Suite is greatly reduced, simplifying the deployment and project planning exercises associated with enterprise software projects. For existing SAP customers, especially those that have migrated to SAP ERP 6.0, they can simply add-on to their SAP systems, without having to upgrade their ERP backbone.
- Upgrades are a thing of the past with SAP Business Suite 7. Today, customers on SAP Business Suite 7 have access to a software innovation delivery technique called, “enhancement packages.” Enhancement packages are optional, contain new advances to the software, such as new industry capabilities or new UI or new processes. To implement theses advances, you don’t have to go through a costly upgrade, and you don’t have to replace parts of your systems that you like, or you believe address your business needs.
- SAP Business Suite 7 takes advantage of all the investments in SOA and platform technology, in order to reduce costs of ownership, increase the degree of system reuse and improve flexibility of the software. By continuing to add web services to the systems, SAP Business Suite 7, is easier to configure to address industry needs and can communicate and integrate with a wider range of non-SAP systems, including many of your proprietary or legacy third-party systems you have in place.
- SAP Business Suite 7 is the most industry-specific suite on the market. Through one platform, customers can deploy specific functions and processes that are unique to their industry. More importantly, today, powerful new scenarios can be supported by the application. For example, retailers can finally integrate their point-of-sale systems (through SOA) to their core or backbone finance and inventory management systems.
- SAP Business Suite 7 is not a replacement of SAP ERP 6.0 – in fact if you have invested in SAP ERP 6.0, your ability to take advantage of all the latest solutions within SAP Business Suite is a lot easier. You now have the ability to extend your use of SAP to address other functional areas of your enterprise. For example, better link sales and support functions with finance, or better link contract and fulfillment management processes with your logistics and warehouse management functions.
As you learn more about SAP Business Suite 7 within the SAP Business Process Expert Community, we’re sure that you’ll discover how our latest solutions can deliver value to you organization.