Blogs about the Enhanced Material Search:
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 1: Overview, Enrichment of Search Results with Prices and Stock Availability
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 2: Catalog Search for Supplier Products
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 3: How to further enhance the Enhanced Material Search capabilities to my business?
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 4: How to create new Search Criteria w/o modification
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 5: Major improvements in Enhancement Package 5
The Enhanced Material Search implemented in ERP Sales Order is now available since SAP ERP Enhancement Package 2, which was globally released in early 2007.
The SAP solution management has learned from our customers and All-in-One partners how important it is to further enhance the Enhanced Material Search, to adapt it to individual customer requirements, for different industry subsegments etc.
To fulfill this demand we have offered a set of new BAdI’s (user exits) and SAP notes. The BAdI’s will be officially documented in Enhancement Package 4, however, most of them are available with Enhancement Package 2+. All BAdI’s and notes are listed in OSS component SD-MD-MM-CS.
Here the list of SAP notes:
1131615 – Collective note for Enhanced Material Search and Material View
SAP notes about SES and TREX:
1254901 – SES for customer projects on TREX search
1345777 – FAQs Search Engine Service (SES)
Material Search indexation
1131559 – TREX Indexation of BUS1001006 in Enhanced Material Search
1120185 – Language dependent indexing of Materials
Catalog creation and indexation
1127400 – How to index a supplier catalog in the Enh. Material
1136519 – How to enhance the TREX Index WSD_CAT
1161441 – Extension of field set for material creation
1117038 – Enhancement of BAdI BADI_WSD_MATERIAL_STRUCTURE (to influence the material creation process, e.g. to create the dispo view etc.)
1232682 – BAdI to modify label description of search criteria (e.g. to adapt the labels of fields for customer specific fields in material master “misused” for own purposes, or customer specific fields with multiple purposes depending on business process)
To create customer specific Search Criteria without modification please read the following Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 4: How to create new Search Criteria w/o modification.
Start Enhanced Material Search
1229177 – Enhanced Material Search: ENTER starts search instead of F8 (modification!)
Search Result list
1228244 – BAdI to modify result attributes (change/remove/add result attributes from the result grid, e.g. remove purchasing price from the list)
1280951 – Material Search: Display of customer fields in result list
1278108 – Material Search: Display of customer fields in result list
Further individual bug fixes and code corrections are found in OSS component SD-MD-MM-CS.
Where to get info material?
You can find an infokit about the Enhanced Material Search and other Sales Order Enhancements in the Sales Order Enhancement Series: Overview.
- In my 4th blog Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 4: How to create new Search Criteria w/o modification you can read about how to further adapt the Enhanced Material Search to your individual needs while staying modification-free.
- In my 5th blog Enhanced Material Search – Part 5: Major improvements in Enhancement Package 5 you can read about major enhancements and improvements done in ERP EhP5.
Dr. Ingo Woesner
Application Strategic Innovation – Multichannel
P.S. Blogs about this and other Sales Order Enhancements are collected here:
Sales Order Enhancement Series: Overview