Central Technical Configuration (CTC) – Part 2
Basic Configuration for Connecting SAP PI and SAP ABAP Systems with CTC Wizard
After you have fully installed the SAP NetWeaver usage type PI and carried out basic configuration steps (see Wizard-Based Basic Configuration for SAP NetWeaver Usage Type PI), you can run this PI – ABAP connectivity wizard. The wizard saves you time and manual steps.
For up-to-date information, read SAP Note 1178800.
Basis connectivity configuration for connecting SAP PI with an SAP ABAP system requires the following:
- You have correctly configured the SAP NetWeaver usage type PI.
- You have set up and configured the SLD.
- You have registered your ABAP system as a technical system in the SLD.
PI – ECC Basic Connection
The following technical configuration Steps are implemented and automated:
- Check Technical and Business System of Business Suite (BS)-System on PI SLD
- Check Technical and Business System of PI System on PI SLDDefining and Setting up a Logical
- System in PI- and BS-System
- Creating RFC-Users in PI- and BS-System
- Creating RFC Destinations in the ABAP Environment of BS System (Type 3)
- Creating RFC Destinations in the ABAP Environment of BS System (Type H)
- Creating RFC Destinations in the ABAP Environment of PI System (Type 3)
To carry out the wizard-based configuration steps required for your SAP system, use the wizard-based configuration tool. To access the wizard you have the following options:
Access via SAP Solution Manager. For more information, see www.sap.com SAP Solution Manager SAP Solution Manager 7.0 English Basic Settings Automated Technical Configuration .
Access via SAP NetWeaver Administrator:
– Start the wizard-based configuration tool. For more information, see Configuration Wizard.
– Under Show, choose All Configuration Tasks.
– Select NW: PI – AS ABAP (Basic Configuration for Idoc, Proxy): Maintain and choose Start.
– If required, enter the necessary data and choose Next.
2. Enter the Functional Unit Destination Details (ABAP and PI Server):
3. Enter The Logical System Details:
4. Enter the Technical User Details: