With the delivery of Enhancement Package 4 content for Student Lifecycle Management SAP has made another big step towards providing advanced features that support standard business processes at universities worldwide. Customers and prospects who knew what was going to come with this release where complaining early last year that they had to wait until Ramp-Up started in November 2008!
Now the first Ramp Up projects have started and interest in this latest release continues to grow. While EHP 3 has already seen the delivery of a vast number of innovative tools and functionalities, EHP 4 manages to even top this. Here is a short review on what customers received with the previous release and what they can expect from the current one:
EHP 3 started the path of simplified solution implementation with the ultimate goal to provide a ‘ready-to-run’ Student Lifecycle Management solution to customers. This was realized by delivery of complete business processes (e.g. Admission workflow, Graduation request) and user interfaces for specific user business users (e.g. Academic Advisors)
EHP 4 continues that strategy by leveraging Enterprise SOA capabilities for integration scenarios (e.g. with the Learning Management solution and other learning management systems) and facilitated integration of third-party software with Student Lifecycle Management (e.g. Financial Aid software)
Other advantages offered by EHP 4 include in a snapshot:
- Higher education customers can automate academic processes within Student Lifecycle Management thus helping them to save time and resources plus being able to quickly respond to students’ requests
- Various self-services increase institutions’ service level towards their constituents (students) thus supporting the overall goal of student retention.
- A number of self services (e.g. grading, room search) and mass processes for administering administrative tasks on students are available for staff
- New functionalities such as Attendance Tracking address a international requirement in educational institutions worldwide
- Increased automation and optimization of Degree Audit rules
- Increased ease of implementation for complex pre-requisite rules
- Enhanced Student Accounting capabilities
- Configuration guide for Student Recruitment with CRM 2007
EHP 4 has gone into Ramp-Up in Q4/2008 and is currently available to selected customers. From March 2-4 a Ramp Up Knowledge Transfer Workshop takes place in Walldorf, another one is scheduled in Bangalore from April 20-22. They introduce the capabilities of EHP 4 Student Lifecycle Management and are open for partners and customers.