SAP CRM 7.0 and Blackberry
There is a buzz about SAP’s ‘CRM on blackberry’. According to the ‘SAP CRM Roadmap 2008-’09’ we understand that SAP has planned to release the SAP CRM 7.0 ramp-up perspective to early customers of ‘CRM on blackberry’ which is targeted for the December’08 time frame and ‘CRM on Blackberry GA Release’ in May 2009. This would bring smile for IT organizations as the mobile SAP CRM application would allow them to deploy, manage and support mobile workforce simply and effectively. And any of the organization’s goals would be not only to save money, but also to improve the accuracy & timeliness of data regarding business. To attain this, SAP has come up with an extension of mySAP CRM application to its mobile sales force on BlackBerry devices.
This blog would give a glimpse to answers for couple of questions like what a blackberry is, and what it has to do with SAP CRM 7.0.
What is a Blackberry?
A BlackBerry is a handheld wireless device created by ‘Research in Motion’ (RIM). BlackBerries read email & calendars from enterprise-class email systems, and most models also function as cell phones. Also, BlackBerries come with complete alphanumeric keyboards; many PDAs (personal digital assistant) do not. While a BlackBerry is a type of PDA, it is not meant to be used in the same way as a Palm Pilot or Pocket PC. Those devices are literally miniature computers that in some cases happen to have email capabilities.
Blackberry device Models
Before we choose any of the models we need to make sure that it supports our requirements. Below are some of the Blackberry models:
• Blackberry storm 9530 Smartphone
• Blackberry Bold 9000 Smartphone
• Blackberry Curve 8900 Smartphone
• Blackberry Curve 8300 Series
• Blackberry Pearl Smartphone
• Blackberry 8800 Series
• Blackberry 8700 Series
• Blackberry 7130 Series
• Blackberry 7100 Series
• Blackberry 7200 Series
• Blackberry 7520 Smartphone
What is this blackberry to do with SAP CRM?
SAP and BlackBerry have combined SAP’s leading mySAP CRM solution and SAP Solutions for Mobile Business with the powerful BlackBerry wireless platform to deliver an integrated mobile sales solution. Mobile sales professionals have a solution that offers productivity and immediacy benefits to grow revenues and provide a competitive advantage:
- This solution enables sales professionals to access and update information from mySAP CRM via a BlackBerry handheld and provides field sales agents with an easier and more efficient way to manage customer accounts
- SAP Solutions for Mobile Business also ensure customer satisfaction by checking the status of open orders on-the-spot and enables users to access information virtually any time, anywhere with no manual synchronization needed
- Enables sales professionals in the field to be more responsive to evolving opportunities as BlackBerry keeps users securely connected to mySAP CRM and their corporate email system, enabling sales professionals in the field to be more responsive to evolving opportunities
- SAP and BlackBerry can help improve customer relationships by putting account, inventory and order information in the hands of sales professionals while they’re at customer offices
- SAP and BlackBerry can help organizations close more business and reduce the cost of sales by giving sales forces wireless access to the knowledge required to make sales
In short, with this ‘CRM on Blackberry’ through SAP CRM 7.0 the organizations would get:
• An increase in sales inquiries due to customer satisfaction
• Reduction in service wait times
• Increase in customer visits by sales
• Productivity gains by service technicians
• Lower support costs with improved first-time service
• Increase in sales through better resource allocation
Please refer to the links below which would give more information on this: