SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 platform is recent offering from SAP Labs, in view of increased use of mobile devices in the business processes. In order to create customized mobile applications, one requires established & tested SAP NW Mobile 7.1 platform. Being partner with SAP Labs, Mindtree is among the earliest companies to have SAP NW Mobile 7.1 landscape, installed using in-house experts. This blog addresses issues faced during installation of SAP NW Mobile 7.1 Landscape.
Following are Hardware, software’s & documents used during installation of SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 Landscape
- Server with 64 bit Processor(s) with MS Windows Server 2003 Operating System 64 bit Enterprise Edition MS SQL Server 2005 64 bit Enterprise Edition.
- Media files (Downloaded from service marketplace)
- Additional software’s used for creation of Mobile Application UI & configuration of Laptop Client
- Mobile Client (NWMCLIENTSETUP05P_1-10004844.ZIP)
- Documents used:
- Configuration of SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1, Release SPS 01
- Installation Guide for SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 as per database (MS SQL Server) and Operating System
- Master Guide – SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1
- Media List – SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1
During installation of SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1, NWDS & configuration of Laptop client, following issues emerged which were meticulously solved and at the end whole landscape was tested by testing a simple scenario.
- Difficulty in Downloading Notes due to slow OSS (Online Support System) connection. Remedy: Refer SNOTE 1073502
- Error during loading NWMCLIENT01_7600.SCA file in MI 7.10 using Tcode : SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE. Remedy: System connection opened for diagnosis by SAP Labs. Later on steps indicated in the installation guide were repeated.
- Error while downloading User-Details Data Object in SP03. Remedy: Used latest Service Pack level
- Dump error “GETWA_NOT_ASSIGNED” indicated, while trying to generate user details using SDOE_WB Tcode. Remedy: It is required to generate the User Details DO first before trying to generte the DM.
- Got error massage “A previous generation has resulted in an error in queue SDOE_GEN__000”, while generating USERDETAILS_DM using Tcode-SDOE_WB.
- Error during upgrading support package level SP04 to SP05. Remedy: Dump error diagnosed with the support from SAP Labs
- As per help.sap.com following plug-in’s are required for configuring Mobile client.
Out of the above Mobile plug-in’s “com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.core.ecp” was missing. Remedy: Downloaded zip file NWMCLIENTSETUP05_0-10004844 from service marketplace.
Not able to extract “.ecp” file i.e. Plug-in’s. Remedy: Used WinRAR
- Error in NWDS (“MyComponents” not active). Remedy: Corrected the default.confdef.xml file
- Dump while accessing Message monitoring in NW Mobile Admin. Remedy: performed all the steps as described in the note 1151048