The success of any business depends on acquiring, growing, and retaining profitable relationships with customers. Companies need their sales teams to establish the requisite connections with the account base, attain a deeper understanding of the customer requirements, and ultimately win sales. It is easier said than done. When the sales force is pursuing multiple opportunities, each involving multiple steps to close a sale, determining which opportunity / account to pursue and how to manage the sales pipeline becomes a significant challenge. Efficiently and effectively focusing a sales force on the right activities and getting real time visibility into the pipeline is becoming increasingly difficult for sales managers.
Pipeline Performance Management of SAP CRM has been specifically designed to enable companies to effectively address such challenges. Pipeline Performance Management (PPM) is a new and highly interactive analytics application designed to help sales managers and sales representatives plan quotas and manage pipeline activity to achieve targets. It works in real time; thereby allowing sales professionals to trigger immediately the right actions to resolve issues and to meet sales quota targets. The Pipeline Performance Management capabilities in CRM Sales help sales managers and sales representatives to:
- Analyze their pipeline on a quarterly, monthly, or yearly time scale
- Analyze their sales pipeline in terms of (A) total sales revenue, (B) sales revenue by product or product category, or (C) number of units per product or product category; at a glance in the form of tables and bar charts to check:
- Won deals
- Expected deals
- Sales targets
- The delta between won, expected deals and sales targets
- Identify gaps and critical opportunities in the pipeline
- Identify and monitor opportunity changes in the pipeline
- Simulate opportunity changes and what-if scenarios to plan how potential gaps in the sales pipeline can be closed.
- Trigger immediately the right actions to resolve issues and to meet sales targets
The integrated quota planning capabilities of PPM allow sales managers to plan sales quotas based on calendar year or a fiscal year. Quotas can be defined on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis. Sales managers can also define various types of quotas such as Total sales revenue target, sales revenue target by a product or a product category, and unit target by a product or a product category. The application also enables the auto generation of quotas based on historical data.
PPM also provides an easy, straightforward navigation through interactive analysis to identify relevant opportunities. In all, Pipeline Performance Management provides a great user experience by merging analytics and actions in one application.