Vodcast: Service Enabling Of Legacy Applications With SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1
Click here to view the video.
In this video demonstration, Paul Read and Udo Paltzer guide you step-by-step through the procedure for service-enabling a legacy application using SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1.
Learn how to make proprietary legacy functionality available as a standardized Web service by applying SAP NetWeaver PI as an abstraction layer between the consumer and the provider application.
We focus on the following areas:
- Process modeling in the Enterprise Services Repository
- Working with the Enterprise Services Builder to model SOA artifacts such as data types, message types, service interfaces, mappings, and communication channel templates
- Process Component Interaction Model
- Configuring the message exchange between the service consumer and the provider
- Publishing the service description to the Services Registry and testing it
- Process execution and monitoring
Previous podcasts about SOA Middleware:
- New Features in the Enterprise Services Repository and Services Registry
- Podcast: Enterprise Services Repository
- Features and capabilities of SAP’s Podcast: SOA Middleware with a Focus on Process Integration technology
- New Capabilities in SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Process Integration
Articles about SOA Middleware:
- Service-Enabling a Legacy Application with SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 – by Udo Paltzer and Peter Gutsche
- Other articles by Udo Paltzer
All you ever wanted to know about Enterprise Services Repository and Services Registry – Really! – by Rathish Balakrishnan
Articles by Susanne Rothaug
(This podcast was produced by SOA Middleware Product Management, December 2008.)