Yes, customers use the latest version SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 (SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1) already productively! As of November 2008 there are more than 150 productive systems life on SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1, which is by the way in unrestricted shipment since July 25, 2008. Already during the ramp-up of SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 we carried out several interviews with customers in order to investigate which scenarios they have implemented and what are the key benefits that SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 provides to them. Find out more information about the key findings with five real customer examples from various industries in the presentation about customer scenarios with SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1; this presentation also includes the main benefits that SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 provides to the customers.
SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 is used for a broad range of business scenarios by our customers. Example scenarios from our SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 customers who we interviewed include:
- Inventory Replenishment Planning
- Electronic invoicing of supplier invoices and logistic services providers
- Purchase Order Collaboration
- Exchange of customer data
- Integration of logistics systems of different electricity providers
- Electronic order management
The system landscape of our customers is heterogeneous and can consist of many SAP as well as non-SAP applications. Thus SAP NW PI 7.1 is used productively for the integration of non-SAP systems with non-SAP systems, non-SAP systems with SAP applications, as well as SAP- with SAP systems. In fact, one of the first scenarios that went life on SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 is based on the integration of two non-SAP applications with each other. And the first customer, who went life with SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1, set a high volume scenario productively within 3 weeks and Unrestricted Shipment of SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 as of July 25 overnight with response times of around 200ms for an end to end B2B transaction. In other customer scenarios up to 250,000 messages per day with single message sizes of up to 80 MB including an extensive usage of integration processes are carried out via SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1.
SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 provides many benefits for our customers. Some of the key benefits that we found in our customer interviews are the following:
- Superior governance with the Enterprise Services Repository, such as usage of process models, and Service Registry for both SAP as well as non-SAP services
- Great performance via local processing on Advanced Adapter Engine as well as message packaging
- Enhanced developer productivity, such as re-factoring capabilities in message mapping, modelling enhancements for mappings and integration processes, and faster configuration for local processing on Advanced Adapter Engine
- New functions, such as XML payload validation
- Much faster installation (below 3 hours) and reduced sizing
- Out of the box process templates and integration content available for SAP NW PI 7.1
- Integrated lifecycle management via CTS+ (Enhanced Change and Transport System)
With these and many other key benefits more and more customers choose SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 as their central and strategic integration platform. Thus customers replace and migrate 3rd party middlewares to use one integration platform, namely SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1, for both SAP and non-SAP systems.
Find out more information about five real customer examples from different industries in the presentation about customer scenarios with SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1. The customer examples include scenarios with new installation and migration of content as well as upgrade scenarios to SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1. The presentation also includes the main benefits that SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 provides to the customers. Four of these 5 customers are life on SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1. Besides these real customer examples we carried out further interviews with customers in order to discover certain trends when using SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1. The observed trends incl. some of the planned improvements for the future are included at the end of this presentation. And last but not least, stay tuned for upcoming success stories for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1!