With the default configuration of the NSP 7.01 test drive of the Web Application Server ABAP, it is not possible to release transport requests. This is due to a wrong system number in the TMS Configuration for system NSP. In this blog, I’m giving a quick walk-through to show you how to repair the transport system so that you can release transport requests.
- Check if you’re affected
(In transaction SE10, check if upon releasing a transport request, you get error message TK(094):”Test call of transport control program (tp) ended with return code &3”.
- Call transaction STMS
- Menu Overview – Systems
- Double-click on system NSP
- Menu Configuration – Display <-> Change
- Tab “Communication”
- Change “System No.” to “02”.
(If an error occurs here, they may be a problem with your \sapmnt share. You need to release the SAP directory of your installation – the one with subdirectories NSP, sapmmc, and trans – as share \sapmnt and make sure authorizations are set so that the system can access it.)
- Back to System Overview
- Menu Extras – Generate RFC Destinations
- SAP System – Check – Connection Test
- SAP System – Check – Transport Directory
- SAP System – Check – Transport Tool
Now you should be able to release transport requests in transaction SE10. Enjoy!