We can integrate Adobe flash user interface in web Dynpro for Java .This functionality is part of Netweaver 7.1 EhP 1.
Adobe Flash Islands are based on AdobeFlex.Flash Islands enable the WD developers to integrate their Flex components in web Dynpro.Flash Islands are embeded within WD views and can access the context and eventing can be done.
Steps for integrating Felx UI
- Install Adobe Flex Builder (http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/)
- Include WDIslandLibrary.swc library in the Flex project
- Design your flex components and generate the swf file
- Add the Flex UI .swf file in the Mimes folder of the webDynpro project.
- Create a view and rightclick on the RootElement ->Replace with->FlashIsland
- Create webDynpro context with names as mentioned below.Keep the same names that you used while developing the Flex UI.
- Create Datasource and properties as shown below and map it to flashIsland control.
- Deploy and Run the application !!! Here is the webDynpro application ,WD Table on the top and flashIlsland having the barchart below.