Before I dig into today’s topic please allow me to quickly explain what I have in mind with this new series I called “Developer Cheat Sheets”. In a nutshell, a ‘cheat sheet’ as I envision it is more or less a brief article about a very specific task of a developer using SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1.
From my personal experience I can say that especially the things we only need to do once in a while get easily forgotten. As I found myself doing such a task this very morning I figured I may want to document that. Furthermore, if I could use such a ‘cheat sheet’ for future reference – so may you; the idea of a new series was born…
Setup of Service Registry (SR)
- First we logon to the SAP NetWeaver Administrator (NWA) of our CE system and navigate to Configuration Management>Scenarios>Configuration Wizard to run the corresponding CTC script.
- The CTC script we are looking for is called ‘Services Registry Destination Creation‘. Select it and click on the ‘Start’ button.
- The only input required is the second step where you need to maintain the credentials of a SR administrator.
Enable SR/WS Navigator integration
Unfortunately this CTC script does not set the URL of the Consumer Proxy, yet there’s a second CTS script that you need to run which does so: Connection Configuration to Central Services Registry. Here are the necessary steps:
- Logon to the SAP NetWeaver Administrator (NWA) of our CE system and navigate to Configuration Management>Scenarios>Configuration Wizard to run the corresponding CTC script.
- The CTC script we are looking for is called ‘Connection Configuration to Central Services Registry‘. Select it and click on the ‘Start’ button.
- The only input required is the address and port of the server hosting the SR and the credentials of a SR administrator.
SOA Middleware Global Settings
You may want to test services outside of your corporate network and hence you need to specify a proxy and add external hosts to the WS Navigator White list. This is done as shown below:
Navigate to SOA Management>Technical Configuration>SOA Middleware Global Settings within the NWA.
Maintain your ‘HTTP Proxy ‘ settings on the corresponding tab. Save!
In addition, you may want to specify external hosts for the WS Naviagtor White list on the ‘WS Navigator‘ tab. Please note that ‘*’ allows to call any external host (use with caution!). Save!
SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (NWDS)
In orer to leverage the Service Registry you need to specify the URL in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio as well:
- Navigate to Window>Preferences
- Go to Web Services>Service Registry and maintain the server name/IP (without HTTP prefix) and the port of the server hosting the SR
- In addition, you may also want to set the (corporate) network proxy again under General>Network Conenctions
Publishing Enterprise Services (ES) into the SR
Fortunately for us our fellow community member BV PILLAI already wrote an excellent blog on how-to publish Enterprise Services from a SAP Business Suite backend to the SR in Configuring & Publishing Enterprise Services from SAP Business Suite system into NWCE (Netweaver Composition Environment) Services Registry blog. No need to add anything on this aspect 😉
Hope this ‘Cheat Sheet’ was useful to you. If so, check back for the next one 😉