During my Community Influencers 2008 I was asked about “what can I do?”, so here is another item in the “Path to Recognition” – Host a Community Day.
This one is a bit bigger than just participation and can be quite a bit more complex as well. Hosting an event is not an easy matter espically if your event is a big one or is tied to an even bigger event like our “official” SAP Community Day which take place the day before SAP TechEd.
This morning I went in and made sure that I had all the information for Community Day and what makes an event a “Community Day” up to date.
Check the page itself for more information but here is the “jist” of it…
- It must be related to SAP Technologies, Business Processes and software/platform
- It must be an open event for anyone to come 1
- It must be listed on the event page and once completed must be moved to the archive
- It must be blogged to the community
- It should have some information coming back into the broader community
- It would be nice to have any presentations shared to the SAP Community Network group
Pretty simply deal to manage I think, certainly much easier than what we have to do for the 3 major ones we’ve hosted each year from 2006 to present.