I met Andres Botero in September, at the ASUG Operations Optimization conference in Nashville, Tennessee. The session I attended was on Event Management, which my company has been using for more than a year, and I wanted to learn more about what it is and how to use it. I certainly achieved that, as Andres is a great speaker, knowledgeable in many supply chain areas, and with deep experience. During a post-presentation chat, I asked to meet him in the SAP demo pod area to learn more.
When we chatted, he mentioned he had done 4 presentations, none of them repeats. That is an astounding depth of material; here are the titles:
- Turn yours into High Performing Assets by automatically sensing and responding to exceptions using SAP Real World Awareness capabilities
- Gaining Visibility with the Help of SAP Event Management
- RFID for Dummies – SAP solutions for RFID step by step
- A roadmap for incorporating auto-sensing & responding capabilities for Operational Excellency: deciding on the right SAP offering for each business need
Even Andres’ title is impressive: “Senior. Director, Solution Marketing -Event Management/Real World Awareness & RFID.”
Andres told me that the most well-attended session of his four was the “basics” one, which didn’t surprise me as many conference attendees are first-timers, sent out on missions to gather information, contacts and trends with little guidance on how to do so. As usual, I asked if he’d be willing to do a webcast for ASUG members that did not attend this session, given the slides were already prepared. So, here’s the pitch:
- You must be an ASUG member to register. If there is interest from non-members, I’ll add this to the wiki for the SAP NetWeaver call series, which is open to all.
- Title: RFID 101
- Date: 28-Oct-2008
- Time: 12PM ET / 11AM CT / 10AM MT / 9AM PT
- Registration: http://www.asug.com/EventsCalendar/EventRegistration/tabid/172/EventID/1009/Default.aspx
We decided “RFID For Dummies” is not good marketing, so it’s called “RFID 101”.