SAP TechEd 2008 Berlin – Join the Presentations about Upgrading to SAP ERP 6.0
SAP TechEd Berlin 2008 is quickly approaching! Today, I want to give you an overview of the material we will present at the SAP TechEd in Berlin. Make sure you don’t miss the LCM 112: The Best Ways to Tackle Application Modifications, Testing, and Other Key Technical SAP ERP Upgrade Concerns and the LCM 108: Getting to know the Upgrade Dependency Analyzer. And give me your feedback after the event!
LCM 108 will give you insights into the new tool for planning an upgrade: The upgrade dependency analyzer. This tool helps customers who are planning to upgrade one system to find out if this requires changes to other systems in the landscape as well. The necessary dependency information is made readily available for customers in an easy and straightforward tool, which allows customers to check if the upgrade of a specific system will have implications on other systems in use.
The Upgrade Dependency Analyzer:
- Addresses the topic of application landscape complexity during an upgrade
- Supports planning the scope of upgrade projects
- Identifies dependencies when upgrading a component of a system landscape and show known dependencies
- Provides technical entry level information that complements the existing and more specific approach of Scenario-&-Process-Component-Lists (SCL/PCL)
Interested in a preview of the tool? Check out the system demo!
LCM 112 will give you an overview of what’s going on around the upgrade topic at SAP. You will take away three key learnings after attending this presentation:
- Learn why SAP recommends the use of standard functionality
- Understand how utilizing user exits and enhancement points can simplify future upgrades
- Get tips on common testing ‘gotchas’
In case of questions you would like to have answered in regard to these topics: Post them now as a comment to this blog and we will answer them during our session!
See you at SAP TechEd!